Learning in Year 11 is divided into two semesters of around 18 weeks each.
- Most classes are semester classes and can be taken in either semester 1 or semester 2.
- Some classes are full year classes. If a full year class is chosen learners will be expected to remain in that class for the full year.
- The classes are organised into 5 different timetable blocks.
- Learners need to choose one class from each block.
- Year 11 is the first year of NCEA. Learners should plan their courses so that they can achieve NCEA level 1 by the end of the year.
- The requirements for NCEA Level 1 are:
– 80 or more credits from Level 1 or higher, which must include:
– at least 10 Numeracy credits AND;
– at least 10 Literacy credits
- Credits are earned by completing assessment tasks that are aligned to standards.
- The credit value for each standard varies. Most are in the 2 – 6 credit range although some are worth more than this.
- Learners can achieve a standard at three levels: Achieved, Merit and Excellence.
- Merit and Excellence credits count towards Endorsements which show a higher level of achievement.
AC Home Learning Directory